Injuries or toothaches can occur at any time. As an emergency dentist in McAllen, TX, Dr. John Tan knows that these issues need immediate attention. Patient comfort is our top priority, which is why we reserve time out of each day for emergency dental care. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, we will do our best to get you taken care of within 24 hours:
- Tooth that has been knocked out or loosened
- Fractured or broken tooth
- Swelling of the face or jaw
- Loose fillings
- Dislodged crown
- Severe tooth ache
Dental emergencies can happen at a moment’s notice. In these cases, a patient’s health or well-being may be at a major risk. This is why Dr. Tan sets aside time every day to make room for possible emergencies. If you are experiencing pain or having trouble performing daily activities because of a tooth injury or infection, please contact us for emergency dental care right away. We do not want our patients to suffer any longer than they have to. Tooth pain often acts as a warning sign that a bigger issue is present, so please do not hesitate to contact our office at any time. We will get you in as soon as possible.
Although we do our best to get you emergency dental care within 24 hours or less, here are some steps you can take to control the issue in the meantime:
- Toothache – Rinse with warm water every hour or so to keep the area clean.
- Swelling – Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling. If bleeding does not stop, visit an emergency room.
- Broken tooth – Rinse with warm water and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Lost tooth – Place the tooth back in its socket or submerge in milk until your appointment. Avoid touching the tooth by the root portion, if possible.
- Abscess – Rinse with warm water every hour or so.
When dental emergencies arise, we are here to alleviate your discomfort and get you back on the path to health. To speak with an emergency dentist in McAllen, TX, contact Dr. Tan to schedule your emergency dental care appointment.